TCC has long recognized that prudent environmental stewardship was a fundamental social and ethical corporate responsibility. As a leader in commercial real estate development, TCC uniquely understood the impact of the built environment on our communities.
Knowledge leadership is central to our brand and business model. We pursue environmentally responsible building solutions because they generate long term economic benefits for our financial partners and meet the long term objectives of our tenants, employees and the communities in which we live.
TCC is committed to the continued expansion of its expertise in environmental sustainability, to making sustainability an important part of our business and to assuring that our clients and financial partners have access to TCC’s best practices in sustainable planning, design and construction for each project. Our goal is to build value with comprehensive, integrated building solutions that are attentive to the environment, the health of the occupants and the needs of the investors.
From determining a project’s candidacy to earning successful LEED® certification, clients trust Trammell Crow Company to improve performance and build greater value in their buildings, operations and brand. TCC is a member of the U.S. Green Building Council and currently has 34 LEED APs and more than 40 million square feet of office, industrial, retail, civic and multifamily projects in the pipeline, under construction or completed that are sustainable or in various stages of obtaining LEED certification. These individuals include:
CBRE’s acquisition of TCC in 2006 was a hand-in-glove fit of two firms committed to corporate responsibility, with environmental stewardship central to our brands. Our knowledge leadership in new development directly compliments CBRE’s initiatives to advance the performance of existing buildings in the built environment. As a commercial developer on the cutting edge of new technologies we bring direct insight into how the design and use of commercial buildings can dramatically reduce impacts the environment as compared to past designs and practices. As an industry leader, we make it our responsibility to inform our clients of best practices gleaned from our experience, and the options available to them and the benefits gained through intelligent building design practices. Our employees share the same passion to insure improved quality of life in our communities for generations to come.
TRAMMELL CROW COMPANY IS COMMITTED TO:
- Respect and preserve the environment
- Conserve energy, water and non-renewable natural resources
- Create healthy indoor environments
As climate change continues to be a public issue and client and investor demands for sustainable development continue to rise, TCC is proactively responding to this trend and need. Through state-of-the-art design and construction, active engagement with suppliers and benchmarking our performance, we continue our drive to be the industry leader in environmental best practices.
CENTRAL TO OUR BUSINESS STRATEGY IS LEVERAGING OUR KNOWLEDGE BASE, AND ADVANCING THE SKILLS SETS AND EDUCATION OF OUR EMPLOYEES. WE HAVE IN PLACE:
- A national Task Force comprised of senior development managers representing and supporting the market area of each group president
- Management reporting and tracking via our in-house information platform providing a comprehensive database of the scope and scale of our sustainable projects
- A focus on education and the continuing education of our employees
- An initiative to document best practices to further leverage our knowledge base
- Representation on CBRE’s Global Task Force, ensuring we leverage our collective company knowledge leadership
Trammell Crow Company believes green buildings make more efficient use of various resources, including energy, water and materials, while reducing the impacts on human health and the environment. Choosing the best approach to achieving these efficiencies (such as optimal site selection, design, construction, operation, maintenance and removal) will help create value for our clients.
- Enhance and protect ecosystems and biodiversity
- Improve air and water quality
- Reduce solid waste
- Conserve natural resources
- Reduce operating costs
- Enhance asset value and profits
- Optimize life-cycle economic performance
- Increased employee productivity; fewer sick days reported
- Improved employee satisfaction, supporting corporate and individual values
Health and community benefits:
- Improve thermal and acoustic environments
- Enhance occupant comfort and health
- Minimize strain on local infrastructure
- Contribute to overall quality of life