CBRE’s Investor Intentions Survey 2019 reflects the opinions of major Australian institutional investors in commercial real estate, and has revealed several key themes that will have implications for investor demand in 2019:
- Both buying and selling expectations are higher for 2019 suggesting transaction activity will remain high
- Industrial and logistics has overtaken office as the most desirable sector followed by build-to-rent
- Melbourne is the preferred destination for domestic capital, overtaking Sydney, as investors buy into the strong economic fundamentals that are driving rental growth
- Perth is also back on the Australian investor radar, due to the higher yields achievable relative to other markets
- High asset pricing is the biggest obstacle to invest in property and a potential global economic shock the main potential threat
The global survey sample revealed that investors intending to transact outside their domestic market placed Australia third on their list of preferred markets, and the APAC survey place Australia second. The APAC survey can be access via the link below.