• In Q2 2019, international tourist arrivals to Thailand reached 8.9 million, an increase of 1.1% Y-o-Y.
• Arrivals from China in the second quarter of this year decreased by 8.2% Y-o-Y to 2.5 million visitors. There has been positive growth in the number of Indian tourists since the VOA fee waiver campaign was announced. In Q2, Indian tourist arrivals reached 528,561, an increase of 23.4% Y-o-Y.
• Q2 occupancy decreased by 1.91 percentage points Y-o-Y to 72.6%. ADR also fell by 0.6% Y-o-Y to THB 3,257.
• There was only one hotel opening in Q2 2019 with 293 keys: Movenpick BDMS Wellness Resort Bangkok.
• Hotel supply in downtown Bangkok was 47,934 keys in Q2 2019, a 5.3% increase from Q2 2018.