• For the first time in its history, Thailand faced zero international tourist arrivals in Q2 2020, compared to 9.0 million arrivals from the same period last year.
• Chinese arrivals continued to be the largest market feeder with 1.2 million in H1 2020, despite decreasing 77.9% Y-o-Y from 5.6 million arrivals in H1 2019.
• Q2 occupancy rate was 12.6%, decreasing 59.9 percentage points Y-o-Y. ADR decreased by 24.3% Y-o-Y to THB 2,465 and RevPAR had a significant drop of 86.8% Y-o-Y to THB 312 in this quarter.
• Solaria Nishitetsu Hotel Bangkok was the only new hotel opening in Q2 2020 with a total of 263 keys.
• Hotel supply in Downtown Bangkok was 49,822 keys in Q2 2020, increasing 3.9% Y-o-Y.