Trammell Crow Company began its life sciences and healthcare program with the singular mission of providing development and real estate services to hospitals and healthcare systems. Since then, we have grown to become one of the nation’s largest healthcare development and investment firms.
TCC develops purpose-built life science facilities to provide best in class space for a life science tenants ranging from research and development to contract manufacturing in the markets we serve. Leveraging our understanding of the unique dynamics of a thriving life science ecosystem, our amenity rich Class A lab and office buildings are designed to provide opportunities for collaboration and to foster discovery and innovation
TCC has office locations both in existing life science clusters as well as the top life science emerging markets. In these cities, TCC brings not only the life science specialty but also local market intelligence to identify premium sites, best in class consultants and strong general contractors to provided well executed projects. Seamless communication among our offices and life science experts benefits each project ensuring our teams are up to date on the most current and ever-changing unique needs of these specialized users.
Our focus begins with understanding your mission and objectives and partnering toward an efficient and cost-effective outcome. With the ever-changing technological advances in medical research, we understand that Life Science is about research, safety, education, and innovative design – this requires maximum adaptability and flexibility. We are leaders at executing design techniques aimed at minimizing costs and maximizing value so that our partners can always stay ahead of the curve.
Over the last decade, TCC has developed over $3.8 billion of Laboratories, Life Sciences, and Healthcare real estate, totaling more than 15 million square feet. From master planning to development and ownership, our comprehensive and creative lab, life sciences and healthcare real estate services provide our clients with valuable solutions.
- Curating life science ecosystem
- Conceptual building schedule and budget
- Feasibility and economic analysis
- Assembly of technical team of architects and engineers
- Planning, design and development
- Site reviews and due diligence
- Financial structuring and options
- Utilities review and negotiations
- Public presentations and negotiations
- Environmental reviews and remediation
- Land acquisition and negotiations
- Value engineering
- Contractor Selection and Oversight
- Tenant occupancy coordination
- Boren Lofts, Seattle, WA | 136,217-SF Class A Life Science
- BW Gateway, Hanover, MD | 290,000-SF Bio-Manufacturing and R&D Lab
- Chemours Discovery Hub, Newark, DE | 312,000-SF Office and R&D Lab
- Fulton Labs at 400 North Aberdeen, Chicago, IL | 407,500-SF Class A Office/Lab/Retail
- Fulton Labs at 1375 West Fulton, Chicago, IL | 301,260-SF Class A Office/Lab/Retail
- Reata Pharmaceuticals, Plano, TX | 327,400-SF Class AA Office/HQ
- Suez Water Technology & Solutions Lab, Tomball, TX | 45,576-SF R&D Office and Lab
- Technology Enterprise Park, Atlanta, GA |370,000-SF Office/Lab
- USC Health Sciences Building, Los Angeles, CA | 120,000-SF Office/Life Science/Lab