Alan Cantlin serves as Senior Vice President for Trammell Crow Company’s Seattle office where his responsibilities include sourcing and executing new office development and investment opportunities with the team. With more than 20 years of commercial real estate experience, Mr. Cantlin has negotiated over 1 million square feet of commercial leases, approximately $100 million of construction contracts and overseen the disposition of over $550 million of commercial asset sales.
Prior to joining Trammell Crow Company, Mr. Cantlin served as a principal at Madison Development Group, a local real estate development company focused on retail and mixed-use projects. At Madison Mr. Cantlin was responsible for ground-up retail development projects across the U.S. as well as the Luna mixed-use project in West Seattle.
Prior to joining Madison, Mr. Cantlin was a Senior Investment Director at Schnitzer West where he focused on Eastside suburban office leasing and development. During his 10-year tenure, he negotiated more than 60 office leases totaling 1 million square feet and developed or re-developed four office projects totaling $280 million in cost.
Mr. Cantlin began his real estate career as an investment banking analyst in the real estate groups at Banc of America Securities in San Francisco and Merrill Lynch in New York City.
Professional Affiliations & Community Involvement
- Washington Education and Squash Academy, Board Member
- Urban Land Institute Committee, Member (Past)
Education & Credentials
- Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania, Masters of Business Administration, 2006
- Princeton University, Bachelor of Arts, Politics, 1999
- Boren Office Lofts, Seattle, WA
- Redmond West on Willows, Redmond, WA
- Luna Mixed-Use Project, Seattle, WA
- Advanta Office Commons, Bellevue, WA
- North Creek Office Park, Bothell, WA
- Totem Lake Retail, Kirkland, WA