Derek McClain Chief Underwriting & Risk Officer, REI
Dallas 2100 McKinney Avenue
Dallas, TX 75201
Dallas, TX 75201
Derek McClain serves as the Chief Underwriting & Risk Officer for CBRE’s Real Estate Investments (REI) business, which includes Trammell Crow Company and CBRE Investment Management.
In this role, Derek is responsible for driving effective Investment Committee processes and managing risk across the firm’s REI businesses by enhancing underwriting standards and providing risk assessment. He is also focused on special REI projects. Derek serves on TCC’s Executive Committee and is chair of the firm’s Investment Committee, overseeing risk exposure and mitigation processes for all TCC projects throughout the United States, Europe and Telford Homes’ residential business.
For the past 14 years, Derek has served as a financial and management consultant and as an Independent Director for several leading companies, including Mutual of Omaha, The McShane Companies, CBRE Investment Management and Triumph Bancorp. He previously spent eight years with Trammell Crow Company as General Counsel and later as Chief Financial Officer.
- Mutual of Omaha – Lead Independent Director – 2007 to Present
- The McShane Companies – Director – 2017 to Present
- CBRE Investment Management – Consultant – 2011 to 2014
- Triumph Bancorp, Inc. – Director – 2014 to 2017
- Davaco, Inc. – Director – 2007 to 2017
- Savills – Director – 2002 to 2016
- Trammell Crow Company – Chief Financial Officer – 2000 to 2006
- Trammell Crow Company – General Counsel – 1998 to 2000
Professional Affiliations & Community Involvement
- National Association of Corporate Directors (North Texas Chapter), Board of Directors Member