James Murray-Coleman serves as the Sustainability Director for Trammell Crow Company. In this role, James is focused on developing and implementing an effective sustainability strategy for the firm globally. With his experience in developing sustainable projects, and in response to a clear demand by TCC’s investors and tenants, James is focused on leading TCC through the energy transition and providing strategic direction to our development teams and our investors.
James’ current responsibilities include chairing TCC’s Global Sustainability Counsel, managing the integration of TCC’s partnership with solar developer Altus Power, and working internally to strengthen baseline sustainability standards across the entire development platform. James is also responsible for investigating and incorporating new technologies that will play a key role in making the built environment more sustainable on our pathway to decarbonization.
James’ mission of instilling sustainability deeply into TCC’s process is consistent with the firm’s long-standing tradition of developing best-in-class projects that create value for our investors, occupiers, and the communities that TCC serves. By focusing on carbon reduction in all its forms, and reporting those efforts transparently, TCC’s projects will be more modern, healthier and continue our legacy of making a positive impact on the built environment.
While previously serving as a Senior Vice President for the firms Northeast Metro Development team, James was responsible for managing development and construction activities in Central and Western Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Western New York and Ohio. James has fascilitated the development of more than 10 million square feet of office, multifamily and industrial assets since joining TCC in 1998.
Professional Affiliations & Community Involvement
- LEED® Accredited Professional – (USGBC)
- Urban Land Institute, Member, Local Steering Committee, Treasurer
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties, Member
- Returned Peace Corps Volunteer, Papua New Guinea
- Pittsburgh Irish & Classical Theatre, Past President, Board of Directors
Education & Credentials
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering, University of Dayton
- Master of Civil and Architectural Engineering, University of Colorado, Boulder
- Cleveland Clinic - 253,000-SF medical center, 40,000-SF medical office building, 2,910-space parking facility, LEED® Silver - Interiors
- The Haven at Cranberry Woods - 302-unit multifamily development*
- Westinghouse Electric Co. - 844,000-SF nuclear engineering headquarters
- Lebanon Valley Distribution Center - 1,083,000-SF distribution center
- 78 Trade Center - 1,008,000-SF cross-dock distribution center
- Humboldt East Trade Center - 440,500-SF distribution center
- Glasshouse - 319-unit multifamily development*
- Dick's Sporting Goods - 200,000-SF world headquarters, 213,000 sf distribution center
- Cranberry Woods Office Park - Master planning for a 327-acre, Class A, 1,300,000 sf office space, 7 buildings completed
- Glaxo Smith Kline - 192,000-SF Class A office building
*Multifamily projects by High Street Residential, TCC's residential subsidiary