Robert Chute serves as Senior Vice President for Trammell Crow Company within TCC’s Southern California – Newport Beach business unit. Robert oversees the firm’s environmental Tenant Inspection Program (TIP), a national environmental risk management program for institutional clients, encompassing over 140 million square feet of commercial and light industrial property located in 32 markets throughout the United States. He also manages environmental due diligence activities on behalf of TCC and various institutional clients. Robert has successfully interacted with local, state and federal regulatory agencies to resolve a myriad of environmental issues. He is part of TCC’s environmental subsidiary, Environmental Asset Services, Inc. (EASI)
Since joining TCC in 2005, Robert has been providing environmental risk management guidance to aid in the development of real estate across the country. EASI’s systematic and detailed approach to mitigating contingent liability and constructability risk enables TCC and its partners to successfully transact deals. Robert has provided environmental risk management guidance for TCC and its clients on over 600 real estate transactions nationally.
In addition to the above duties, Robert leads TCC’s community outreach efforts to local communities that the company invests in.
Prior to joining TCC, Robert spent several years with environmental consulting firms in the San Francisco Bay Area and Southern California. Robert was a Senior Staff Toxicologist with LFR where he was responsible for the performance of Phase I ESAs, Phase II site investigations, environmental project management activities, and an Annual Environmental Audit (AEA) program. He also worked on LFR’s firm’s national FIFRA account. Prior to LFR, Robert was an Environmental Scientist with Environmental Partners (EP) where he performed field work and wrote reports. Prior to EP, Robert worked for McLaren-Hart as assistant health risk assessor. During his time at McLaren-Hart, Robert primarily worked on sites that had both elevated hexavalent chromium in groundwater and sensitive receptors in the vicinity. After graduating college, Robert worked for Best Environmental as an air technician, performing compliance air monitoring and writing compliance reports for Bay Area AQMD.
Professional Affiliations & Community Involvement
- ASTM International, Member No. 1615831
- Member, NAIOP, Inland Empire Chapter
- Greater Riverside Chambers of Commerce
Education & Credentials
- BS, Environmental Toxicology, University of California at Davis, 1999
- 40-Hour OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 HAZWOPER training, 1998
- ASTM 1.4 CEU Environmental Site Assessments for Commercial Real Estate, 2001
- Basic Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) Training, 2002
- National Brownfield Association US All Appropriate Inquiry (AAI) Short Course, 2006
- US Green Building Certification Institute, LEED AP BD+C, 2014
- HAZWOPER 8-hour General Site Worker and Supervisor Refresher OSHA CFR 1910.120 (e)(8), 2017
- Knox/I-215 Logistics Centers
- California Palms Business Center
- Alviso Industrial Center
- Pasadena Gateway
- Fallbrook Industrial Park
- 250M SF+ Industrial Buildings