Riverview is situated on Platte Street and embraces the serenity of the Platte River while having easy access to both the Lower Downtown (LoDo) and Lower Highlights (LoHi) neighborhoods.
The location has easy access to I-25 from both the north and south and easy pedestrian access to Downtown and Denver Union Station. The design of Riverview at 1700 Platte will provide tenants with a historical Platte Street façade, all-glass curtainwall facing the views to the east, and LEED® certification for sustainability. No other building in Denver provides this mix of character, unique location, efficiency and natural elements.
Opportunity, Solutions & Outcomes
Riverview at 1700 Platte offers a full-service experience to its tenants and visitors from the moment one arrives at the building and experiences the dramatic views of the Platte River with Downtown Denver in the background.
The on-site amenities include 338 parking spaces (1.67/1,000 RSF), 200 secure indoor bike spaces, a spacious light-filled fitness center overlooking the River, and an auditorium style staircase in the main lobby which can be used for both company events and an alternative workspace for tenants.
The landscaped courtyard and rain garden on the second floor enhances tenants’ daily experience and make this an urban workplace where people can truly experience Colorado’s natural beauty. First floor retail and restaurant uses serve the tenants and complement Platte Street’s dynamic retail offerings.
- 1700 Platte has provided 202 secure indoor bike racks for employees and 10 exterior bike racks for transient use along with locker rooms. By providing bike racks and changing facilities 1700 Platte encourages healthy and sustainable lifestyle choices.
- 1700 Platte uses 38 percent less water than a code-compliant building. This is an estimated 289,965 gallons of water saved annually and was accomplished using high efficient flush and flow fixtures such as 1.28 gallons-per-flush (GPF) toilets, 0.125 GPF urinals, 1.5 gallons-per-minute (GPM) showerheads, and 0.35 GPM public faucets.
- Through LED lighting, high performance glazing, and efficient HVAC systems, 1700 Platte has targeted an estimated 44 percent energy cost savings compared to a code-compliant building. The building also does not use refrigerants that deplete the ozone layer and has advanced metering systems to allow energy use to be monitored over time and allow for problems to be identified and corrected.
- More than 10 percent of 1700 Platte’s building materials were both extracted, processed, and manufactured within 500 miles of the site and contained recycled content. A recycling program has also been provided for tenants to encourage responsible waste diversion, including containers for batteries and mercury-containing products and devices.
- To ensure superior indoor air quality, 1700 Platte has chosen to use low or no volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in the adhesives, sealants, paints, coatings, flooring systems, composite wood and agrifiber products throughout the building. In addition, all composite wood and agrifiber products contain no added urea formaldehyde. This reduces indoor air contaminants that are odorous, irritating and/or harmful to the comfort and well-being of installers and occupants.
- 1700 Platte recognizes that natural light and exposure to views has a significant impact on productivity and therefore made sure at least 90 percent of tenant spaces have access to views.